Dispute resolution is about successful outcomes, and we pursue this by strong and pragmatic representation.
Our aim is to reach the best commercial outcome for you or your business and to achieve this in the most cost effective and expedient way. Our size and focus allow us to deliver legal representation at a competitive cost.
Where appropriate we seek to resolve disputes before court proceedings are commenced or at an early stage of the court action by negotiation or early mediation. But if necessary, we have the experience and strength to pursue your claim or defence through all Victorian Courts – including Supreme Court, Federal Court, County Court and VCAT.
Our commercial litigation team includes Principal Paul Hesse, a commercial litigation specialist accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria with more than 20 years experience, and Associate Craig Healy, with more than 10 years experience in commercial litigation at Riordans Lawyers.
The commercial litigation team is backed by a team of experienced lawyers with a range of commercial expertise in areas including business structures, company law, employment law, tax and wills and estates.
We represent clients in a broad range of commercial disputes including:
- Business disputes
- Company law including directors’ duties
- Employment & industrial law
- IP including trademark, copyright & design disputes
- Product liability
- Professional negligence
- Property & lease disputes
- Shareholder/unit holder/partnerships
- Tax including GST, Capital Gains tax, Payroll tax & tax audits
- Competition and Consumer Act (formerly Trade Practices Act) disputes
- Breach of confidentiality
- Breach of restraint of trade
- Wills & estates